|
A woman came out of her house and saw 3 old men with long white beards sitting in her front yard.
有位妇人走到屋外,看见前院坐着三位有着长白胡须的老人,
She did not recognize them.
她并不认识他们。
She said, "I don't think I know you, but you must behungry.
Please come in and have something to eat."
于是说:「我想我并不认识你们,不过你们应该饿了,请进来吃点东西吧。」
"Is the man of the house home?", they asked.
「家里的男主人在吗?」老人们问。
"No", she said. "He's out."
「不在。」妇人说:「他出去了。」
"Then we cannot come in," they replied.
「那我们不能进去。」老人们回答说。
In the evening when her husband came home, she told him what had happened.
傍晚当她的丈夫回家后,妇人告诉丈夫事情的经过。
"Go tell them I am home and invite them in!"
「去告诉他们我在家里了,并邀请他们进来!」
The woman went out and invited the men in.
妇人走出去邀请三位老人进屋内。
"We do not go into a House together," they replied.
「我们不可以一起进去一个房屋内。」老人们回答说。
"Why is that?" She wanted to know.
「为什么呢?」妇人想要了解。
One of the old men explained:
"His name is Wealth," he said pointing to one of his friends,
and said pointing to another one, "He is Success, and I am Love."
Then he added, "Now go in and discuss with your husband which one of us you want in your home."
其中一位老人解释说:「他的名字是财富。」指着他的一位朋友说。
然后又指着另外一位说:「他是成功,而我是爱。」
接着又补充说:「妳现在进去跟妳丈夫讨论看看,要我们其中的哪一位到你们的家里?」
The woman went in and told her husband what was said. Her husband was overjoyed. "How nice!!," he said.
"Since that is the case, let us invite Wealth. Let him come and fill our home with wealth!"
妇人进去告诉她丈夫刚刚谈话的内容。
她丈夫非常高兴的说:「原来是这么一回事啊!让我们邀请财富进来。」
His wife disagreed. "My dear, why don't we invite Success?"
妇人并不同意,说道:「亲爱的,我们何不邀请成功进来呢?」
Their daughter-in-law was listening from the other corner of the house.
She jumped in with her own suggestion: "Would it not be better to invite Love? Our home will then be filled with love!"
他们的媳妇在屋内的另一个角落聆听他们谈话。
并插进自已的建议「我们邀请『爱』进来不是更好吗?」
"Let us heed our daughter-in-law's advice," said the husband to his wife.
"Go out and invite Love to be our guest."
丈夫对其太太讲「就让我们照着媳妇的意见吧!」
The woman went out and asked the 3 old men, "Which one of you is Love? Please come in and be our guest."
妇人到屋外问那三位老者「请问哪位是『爱』?」
Love got up and started walking toward the house. The other 2 also got up and followed him.
Surprised, the lady asked Wealth and Success: "I only invited Love, Why are you coming in?"
爱起身朝屋子走去,另外二者也跟着他一起。
妇人惊讶地问财富和成功:「我只邀请爱,怎么连你们也一道来了呢?」
The old men replied together: "If you had invited Wealth or Success, the other two of us would've stayed out,
but since you invited Love, wherever he goes, we go with him. Wherever there is Love, there is also Wealth and Success!!!!!!"
老者齐声回答:「如果你邀请的是财富或成功任何一位,另外二人都不会跟进,
而你邀请爱的话,那么无论爱走到哪,我们都会跟随。那儿有爱,那儿就有财富和成功。」
OUR WISH FOR YOU...
对你的祝福 ….
Where there is pain, we wish you peace and mercy.
Where there is self-doubting, we wish you a renewed confidence in Your Ability to work through them.
当你感到痛苦时,祝福你得到平静和慈悲。当你对自已感到怀疑时,祝福你重新找回对自已能力的信心并奋力开创新局。
Where there is tiredness, or exhaustion, we wish you understanding, patience, and renewed strength.
当你感到倦怠和疲惫,祝福你能够体谅、忍耐并重新获得力量。
Where there is fear, we wish you love, and courage.
当你感到恐惧,祝福你得到爱和勇气。
|
|